4-H Project Selection
It's time to select your 4-H projects for this year's club work and county fair participation! To help you select the project(s) you may be interested in, think about the below questions:
- What things do you like to do for fun?
- What hobbies do you have?
- What would you like to learn to do?
- What knowledge and/or skills do you already have in a project area?
- Are there any special needs/items that are required to be able to complete the project?
- Space: Including considerations for livestock, animal, and plant projects
- Equipment: Including special equipment, what you currently have, what you may need to purchase, etc.
- Time Frame: Some projects are multiple-year projects, others have activities spread over several months, and some can be completed in a few short weeks or days.
- Materials/Supplies: Including quantities, costs, etc.
- Other People Involved: Some projects require group activities, presentations, mentors, etc.
- How much time do you have to spend on a 4-H project each week/month?
- What adult/teen do you know that can help you with your project?
- How many 4-H projects can you realistically complete in a year? (A good rule of thumb is approximately one project for each year that you’ve been in 4-H.)
For more information, please contact our office.